Six Real Housewives plus Andy Cohen equals pain. Lots of pain. I love how Bravo milks the brutal reunion shows and spreads them out over what feels like a month and a half. No one wins a rose or a prize at the end! But everyone does get verbally bitch-slapped. No joke: When Jill Zarin, Ramona Singer and Kelly Bensimon are involved, the episodes suggest emotionally draining therapy sessions best night-capped with a rerun of The Golden Girls to lighten the mood (and remind you that female friendship can remain intact alongside life drama!). Speaking of which, Jill and Bethenny Frankel? Still not friends. Their tense banter is No. 1 on our list of the most shocking revelations from The Real Housewives Of New York City reunion, round one:
1. Bethenny said Jill’s professional jealousy was to blame for their falling out. When Bethenny’s lifestyle business took off, Jill — who always wanted credit for bringing her on Housewives – began voicing frustration that she wasn’t as popular or successful as her BFF.
2. Bethenny and Alex McCord accused Jill of trying to sabotage Bethenny’s solo spin-off show (called Bethenny Getting Married?) by telling cast members to avoid filming Housewives scenes with her. Alex claimed to have some sort of incriminating email sent from Jill to her husband Simon wherein Jill “tried to cut (Bethenny) out of Housewives.” Anyone have that email? Send it over!
3. Jill cried, and said she’d changed a lot.
4. Bethenny said Jill used to be a nice girl from Long Island, and now she is a superficial publicity seeker.
5. After reportedly working overnight with media coaches in preparation for the reunion, Jill seemed cool and collected as the Real Housewives Of Atlanta when they were grilled by Andy but refused to fight or be interesting (they wanted raises). But Jill is a ticking bomb of emotion and finally cracked as Bethenny made a case against her. “Life is short, we had something really good,” she said, weeping. “I don’t miss this, but I missed you.” Then she teetered offstage in the highest heels, nearly tripping on her guilt.
6. Bethenny’s husband Jason Hoppy does not like Jill! Could have fooled me. The newlywed/new mother said Jason was no fan of Jill since she would not shut up about her new boots and Ferrari. “He’ doesn’t really care for you that much. … I don’t know where to put you.” BURN.
7. Bethenny — who never met a reporter she didn’t give juicy soundbites to — said she does not consider herself a media whore. Then she thanked the press for making the Bethenny brand what it is today.
8. Kelly claimed Bethenny planted lies about her family in the tabloids. Bethenny asked her to name which publications — Kelly could not — and Alex chimed in too, saying she’d never read an article about the Bensimon brood (which includes two daughters). Then Kelly, narrowing her eyes at Alex, told her not to put words in her mouth. Referencing the season-long dramz, Kelly added: “I’m over it. Alex had the last word: “We ALL are.”
9. Ramona walked off the set in search of water.
10. Kelly responded to a viewer comment comparing her to a fly and Bethenny to an AK-47, saying: “Thank you, I am a fly.”
That is all — for now. Check back tomorrow for another round of Housewives Doll recaps. Barbie Bethenny is busy rehearsing this line: “You used to be a nice girl from Long Island!!!!”