By now you’ve seen the Life & Style cover that, horror-stricken, asks “Why is Angelina turning Shiloh into A BOY?” (If not, uh, it’s directly to your left.) We’ve been discussing the obsession with the Jolie-Pitt kids all morning, and we’ve finally had time to digest everything that’s so utterly messed-up about the ongoing controversy over little Shiloh and her short hair. Here’s why everyone should just leave Shiloh the eff alone (and if we had time to make a crying Chris Crocker-style video about this, we might’ve):
1. She’s a child. Do we really need to elaborate on this point?
2. It’s creepy. Obsessing about the wardrobe of a small child you are in no way related to or acquainted with is disturbing.
3. Her hair looks cute. And it’s not like she’s the first toddler to get a short haircut.
4. She can wear whatever she wants. A 3-year-old doesn’t have an identity yet. She’s figuring out what she likes and what she wants to wear. And frankly, the gendered notion that good little girls should only wear dresses is offensive.
5. Did we mention she’s 3 years old?