The Oscar nominations list was revealed this morning (see the full list over here). As expected, Inglourious Basterds is up for several of them.
The movie is up for the following awards:
- Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz
- Cinematography: Robert Richardson
- Directing: Quentin Tarantino
- Film Editing: Sally Menke
- Best Picture: Lawrence Bender, Producer
- Sound Editing: Wylie Stateman
- Sound Mixing: Michael Minkler, Tony Lamberti and Mark Ulano
- Writing (Original Screenplay): Quentin Tarantino
Whew! Also, I still can’t believe that this year there are TEN contenders for Best Picture. Whatever happened to five?
I’ve read a few things today where there are references to Brad Pitt being snubbed by the Oscars but I really disagree. To me a “snub” is more along the lines of being nominated at every single awards show out there EXCEPT the Oscars. Also, while it would have been nice, I don’t think anyone really expected Brad to be nominated for an Oscar this year. It’s not really a lead actor type of movie, hence the reason they were nominated as an ensemble cast a couple of times.
It’s already been announced that Brad and Angelina won’t be attending the Oscars but I’ll be tuning in to see how Quentin does. So far The Hurt Locker is doing really well at the awards shows and is a strong contender for Best Picture but I’m hoping Quentin will at least win for his original screenplay.