So they’re beautiful. Okay. Many of them have egos that you wouldn’t believe.
Which means they are in for a very big surprise in the first episode of True Beauty, ABC’s new reality show which will premiere on Monday, January 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
But who out of the six gorgeous young women and four hot young men will win True Beauty, a competition from executive producers Tyra Banks and Ashton Kutcher where the contestants are secretly scrutinized as they compete to see who is beautiful inside as well as outside?
The women are:
- Ashley Michaelson, a 21-year-old designerâ€™s assistant from Rochester, New York;
- Monique Santiago, a 21-year-old Go-Go dancer from Manhattan, New York;
- Julia Anderson, a 23-year-old magicianâ€™s assistant from Dallas, Texas;
- Laura Leigh, a 21-year-old model from Staten Island, New York;
- Chelsea Bush, a 21-year old model/artist from Brentwood, Tennessee;
- Hadiyyah-lah Fatimah Saâ€™id
, a 23-year-old audio engineer from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The men are:
- CJ Miller, a 26-year-old barista from Los Angeles, California;
- Billy Jeffrey, a 31-year-old vitamin store owner from Lewiston, Idaho;
- Joel Rush, a 26-year-old imaging software salesman from Tampa, Florida;
- Ray Seitz, a 29-year-old artist from San Diego, California.
Hosted and judged by Vanessa Minnillo (former host of TRL and ET), along with judges Cheryl Tiegs (Americaâ€™s first supermodel, currently designer and author) and NolĂ© Marin (Americaâ€™s Next Top Model and fashion expert for E!, TV Guide, The Tyra Banks Show), the series will determine the â€śtrue beautyâ€ť of six stunning females and four handsome males who will live together in a Los Angeles mansion as they undergo challenges to determine who is truly the most beautiful.
The gorgeous contestants assume theyâ€™re being judged solely on their outer appearance.
Theyâ€™re only half right; outer beauty is one component the judges are looking for, but contestants are also being evaluated — unbeknownst to them — for their INNER beauty as well when theyâ€™re put through scenarios and situations that require them to make moral decisions.
Each episode will showcase an outer beauty and an inner beauty challenge, during which contestants will be judged on everything from how well they perform in photo shoots to how well they respect their elders.
The three judges will observe and critique the contestantsâ€™ behavior and eliminate one person each week.
Only after the elimination will the truth about the show be revealed to him/her, as they watch a video montage of their behavior captured by a hidden camera during the shoot.
At the end of eight episodes, one winner will be declared, a person who is truly beautiful inside and out. That person will receive a cash prize and a spot in PEOPLE magazineâ€™s 100 Most Beautiful People issue.