After the break we start it off with:
Nick Pedro: 25 from Taunton, MA
Dedicating his song to his girlfriend. Singing “Fever”, another song made popular again from Michael Buble. I don’t really like the rhythm of the song the way he’s singing. Just seems off to me. As it’s moving on it’s building and he’s doing a good job with it overall. The guys have really turned it up from last week. I think many of them began to realize that if they didn’t there would be an all-female Top 6.
- Randy – pitchy and rushing a little bit, but very nice
- Paula – loves the tone of his voice, throwback to “Fly Me to the Moon” he did as audition
- Simon – good, didn’t have enough charisma to sing the song. Good voice, just work on the charisma.
— Commercial Break —
Blake Lewis: 25 from Seattle, WA
Dedicating his song to his parents who have inspired him to really pursue his dreams. Blake is singing “Virtual Insanity” by Jamiroquai. I love this song! Sounds like he started off a little too high on the pitch. He’s getting the opportunity to break out into a little beat-boxing and what sounds like scratching in a house mix. The total package is available with Blake! Great voice, unique, dancer and LOADS of charisma.
- Randy – so good to see him return to form, “I LIKE YOU MAN!”
- Paula – smart choices, unique, nobody else like him “WAY TO GO”
- Simon – of course he disagrees. Copycat at the first, originality in the middle section, and tune was off in the last part. “VERY DISAPPOINTED” [I don't like it when they don't let Simon finish his talking and opinion]
— Commercial Break —
Brandon Rogers: 29 from Altadena, CA
Brandon dedicates the song to his grandmother that always pushed him to succeed and to do more with his life. Catching me off guard with a Cyndi Lauper song, “Time After Time”. This is definitely not going to go over well with the judges. I believe he’s sealing his fate with this song. He’s not really doing a good job singing it either. I believe it’s going to be Brandon and Sanjaya going home this week.
- Randy -didn’t like the song choice, didn’t show off his voice like it should have
- Paula – felt his heart in the song and he didn’t have to over-sing the song
- Simon – it’s a singing competition, he has got to come out here and “make a WOW! impact”
Simon is being a little hardcore, smart-a$$ tonight. Let the man mention his dad’s birthday. Nobody said anything when LaKisha mentioned her daughter’s birthday.
Chris Richardson: 22 from Chesapeake, VA
Dedicates the song to his grandmother. Hopefully Simon won’t have a cow. “Geek In the Pink”. I’ve never heard this song before, but the song totally fits Chris’ style and abilities. Song is by Jason Mraz, and reminds me I really like his music. The song has some interesting opportunities to highlight his rapping style, but then slows down and shows off some vocal skills as well.
- Randy – is in it to win it, hotter than the original
- Paula – [didn't say much]
- Simon – “the best tonight by a mile”
— Commercial Break —
Sundance Head: 28 from Porter, TX
Dedicating his performance to his 2-month old son that’s been born since he started this American Idol journey. Sundance chokes up as he talks about the things he’s missing. “Mustang Sally”, this is totally the type of song he needed to come out with. It gets back to his blues roots and the type of sound he had in his auditions. I love the way he has his raspy voice and this song highlights as this well. Lots of energy which is what he needed. I think the judges are going to like him coming back out and showing them why they put him through in the first place.
- Randy – what a difference a week makes, welcome back Sundance. Dropped a bomb on it. That’s the reason he’s here.
- Paula – you’ve gotta sing like this every week. Amazing range. Best vocal he’s ever heard.
- Simon – glad we’ve got the Sundance back that we really like. Encourages him though by saying he can do better.
That’s the end of the show tonight. I’ve said it before already, I think Sanjaya and Brandon have targets on their backs tonight. Nick might be on their heels though.